Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wait..I actually did something productive last semester?

This is what my last semester consisted of...



(Photo by: Lesley Proctor)


Making 8 bridesmaid dresses... Compared to the 70 flight attendant costumes I get to make this semester, 8 now seems like nothing. However, last semester was a different story.

This was the first time I had really done anything like this. I mean, yes I have made dresses and I have sewn all my life, but I do not normally use a pattern and I don't normally make 8 of the same dress. I'm still contemplating if I would do it again, but if asked I'm going to be honest with myself and say I would. I can't really pass up a chance to better my sewing skills or a chance to build my portfolio up.

Speaking of those Flight attendants, I have this weird thing where I dream about sewing projects I'm working on, but not just dream. I actually sew the thing in my dream and I wake up and suddenly know how to sew it. It's very odd and very helpful at the same time. But anyway, I cannot stop dreaming about these costumes. maybe cause they are 70 of them or maybe because I'm just stressing myself out, but I feel like my dreams have been over taken by these things until I get them done, which needs to happen soon or I won't be able to sleep.

By the way, the costumes are for my club (pretty much the christian version of a sorority) at my school. We do this show every year called spring sing it's a pretty big deal to everyone here and a pretty big competition between the clubs. It is really a competition for me this year because they have a "best costume" award that would look so nice on my resume. Which may be another reason I am dreaming.

Heathrow

No comments: