Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome aboard flight 2010

Sorry I took a one week hiatus from blogging...

My wonderful and amazing boyfriend (JRP) came and rescued me on Tuesday from my snowed in apartment and took me to stay for the week with him and his family. JRP has the most fantastic family!! They were so kind and wonderful to me. I had so much fun being with them! They are some of the most caring people and most hilarious people especially JRP's grandfather. He cracks me up! I know where JRP gets his sense of humor. I bet they were ready for me to uninvade their house, but it sure was nice to have a break from the craziness that is my family.

Because there is just too much to blog about here are a few snapshots of the week....


I couldn't image a better way to ring in the New Year than with Christmas lights, a fire, Hot chocolate, and JRP. It was perfect I wouldn't have rather been anywhere else in the world.



Here's the vampire snowman we made (Yes, I can turn even snowman into something Halloween I can't help it! It is my favorite holiday after all)



Our snowman was slightly tipping over so JPR thought it would be a good idea to put some supports in back to help it stand up and heres how they turned out completely on accident....



I nearly started rolling in the snow from laughter it was so funny.

We did a lot more in the week I just forgot to bring my phone around with us so I could take pictures.

Then when I came back to my home yesterday Santa had brought me a late present!!



I have been eyeing these chairs since they sat in my grandparents house when I was kid. I love them so much and they are finally mine!! There are 2 but my parents had to leave one at my aunts cause they couldn't fit it in their car. I'm thinking about recovering them. They are a mustardy color you can't really see in the picture I was thinking maybe some cool black and white print fabric or something! I don't know Let me know what you think!! AHH I'm so excited about them!!

Also, I got Diva (my embroidery machine. Yes, I name all my sewing machines) back today!!!! :):):):) It's so nice to have her home and I looked into adding on to my little family of machines, but I'm going to have to think about it a bit. It's a big decision!

Well It's a new year and I guess that means its time to make New Year's resolutions. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I thought hey why not this year.

This year my resolution is to de-clutter and organize my life. Which is pretty broad, but mostly I just want to not be as stressed out as I have been in the past.

I started this a bit tonight by cleaning out my apartment of stuff that I just don't need or use and this is what I ended up with...



4 bags of trash, 1 box, and 1 bag of give way clothes (should be more, but I have a hard time parting with my clothing)

Here's a list of a few other things that fall under the category of "de-cluttering and organizing my life"

1. Finishing up projects that have been started
2. Deep cleaning the apartment every week
3. Making a binder to keep my school work in and using it
4. Going to every class (or at least most of them) (baby steps, people, baby steps)
5. Making a menu for the week and buying only the food needed for that
6. Working out with JRP ever day (or at least 5 times a week)
7. Clean dishes right after use (no more sink full of dishes, I can't take it)
8. Finally finishing my Vienna Journal (Ugh this just makes me mad that I haven't done this!)

That's all I can think of now, but I know I will have more!

It should be a very exciting year!! I can't wait!!

2010 I thought it would be odd when you arrived, but now I'm more than happy for you to be here. I'm ready for whatever you are going to throw at me! Bring it on!!

Heathrow

No comments: